Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Taking a class...

I don't really have the time to do it right now, but I'm taking Shimelle's When I Grow Up class. If you haven't tried her private online classes you're missing out - they're inspiring. I started with her You Think You Know Me class & was blown away. I printed all the pages from it and was shocked to find over 100 pages - emotional prompts, text and samples from some of the top scrappers out there. I also took her free mini class in January called Confessions, it was awesome. She is also a totally sweet & darling person & I'm lucky enough to have met her in person - she's the genuine article.

I found a Dr. Seuss fill in the blank My Book About Me my mom had me fill out when I was eight. I said when I grow up I want to be "a ballerina-peanut-butter-maker-gold-digger" {in retrospect, I'm pretty sure I meant miner, for the free cash aspect}. And then in all caps and dark pencil "but never, ever a burglar"...I went back sometime later and wrote in I might want to be a "cowboy-Indian-teacher". And, yep that's me in my bell bottomed leisure suit with the extra wide polyester collar {one of my favorites}. To complete the visual the shirt was reddish-orange with tiny white polka dots and the jumper part was navy blue. It's funny what you can remember...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CUTE pic, Emily!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

Lvoe the pic!! I'm taking that class too -- love Shimelle's classes!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So mostly that quote just goes to show that you married matt for his lawnmowers :)

too cute

<3kim

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Growing older is inevitable.
Growing up is an option.

Dad

4:43 PM  
Blogger scrappaleica said...

that's a really cute picture

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home