Sunday, April 01, 2007

Falling in love with Niagra Falls...

I mentioned in passing that I spent the day with Vicki Boutin on Thursday, running out in the middle of the day in a gap in my teaching schedule...well this is where we ended up - Niagara Falls. Stunning does not begin to describe it.

At the first glimpse of them from the car I burst into tears. It was one of those moments...I have always wanted to see the falls, but it was one of those things I had accepted I may never do, so being there in person was a little overwhelming.
I heard them as soon as we got out of the car a few blocks away. The sound was awesome. But getting the full view took my breath away. I never, ever considered that they could freeze or make such beautiful ice formations. I have so much to do, but I promise I'll upload the many, many pictures I took there to my flickr account into an album by the end of the week. Thank you, Vicki for the highlight of my trip - I had an amazing day with you & the kiddos!




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful beautiful! I never thought about them freezing... breathtaking! hope you are doing well :)
-angie #2

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog (yeah 2 Peas!) and I had to comment on your Falls pictures. They are beautiful! I have a real fascination with the falls, grew up near Buffalo but only went there twice. I have some great pics of them totally frozen back in the 1900s. I remember in the 1950s or early 1960s when a young boy went over them and survived. The thought of it scared me to death! Glad you got to see them. I'd go back anytime. They are incredible.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home