Saturday, June 10, 2006

Wiped out {a post-GASC review}...

Home from GASC Arlington...what a great weekend, but I'm soooooo ready for bed! The classes went great - I was lucky enough to get four classes full of wonderful women! They really liked the project & it ended up being really fun to teach. I made it past the "authorities" with cookies instead of cupcakes & was able to give them to all my students...

Did some quality shopping....First were the "frocs" {frocs=fake crocs. They look like crocs, they feel like crocs - but they're not crocs - they're divine & totally so-comfortable-you-can't-tell-the-difference $10 knock offs}. I got pink & slate for my cousins & lime & sky blue for me. {while looking for a picture of them online it accidentally took me to Jibbitz - Croc accessories - how cute!!!} As for the scrapbooking stuff, I got 7 Gypsies Universal Tags, Fancy Pants chipboard {scrolls}, Deluxe Designs chipboard {seventies & swirls}, 7 gypies hardware {open book knob, antique silver & "Pull" plate, antique silver with attached handle}, daisyd's rub-ons and Scrapworks tabs {morocco & pacific}.

Unfortunately, money doesn't grow on trees...here's what else I would've gotten if my funds were limitless {from what I saw - and I didn't even see that much of the floor}! 7 Gypsies clipper frames, Cactus Pinks' entire decades line, daisyd's papers {girlfriends & attic}, some of the ultra unusual unpackaged silk flowers, and stamps, stamps & more stamps {especially fontwerks}.

Here's what I wanted that I couldn't find...the incredible line of PineCone Press products Pam used in her class, new Design Originals papers by Tim and the foam stamps designed by Teresa {when searching for these saw the totally redone Junkitz site - their web person is amazing! check it out}.

Got a Pappacito's Plato del Mar on the way home to feed us & am ready to go to sleep now!!!!! Tomorrow will hopefully be a scrapbooking day, as well as a countdown to game 2 of the NBA finals {GO MAVERICKS} and the season premier of the 4400.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I am so jealous that you were there, but I had the parents and Josh's last game- he got hit in the head with a bat- he's okay. Call me tomorrow!

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get your "frocs"? (we call the mock crocs). Nikki has had a pair from payless and loved them, but the target ones are awful!

We saw someone in CO with the jibbetz, but didn't know what they were...interesting.

Glad you had a good time. It was sooo good seeing you!

kim

10:53 AM  
Blogger Emily Adams said...

There was a random nameless booth at the scrapbok convention...even though I bought 4 pair I'm already regretting not buying more. They are "easy" brand...
hth

it was great to see you the other night! the kids are geting so grown!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home