Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial day weekend shenanigans...

Second Annual (Adams Family) Lawn Mower Races in Bonham at Uncle Donnie's...
Well...another year - another Memorial Day in the country. We headed up on Saturday to relax and hang out before the Sunday "races". The pre-revelers included me & Matt, my cousins Amy & Meg, Joe's kids - Logan & Amanda, Rusty & Dee, Kala & Ray. Logan (soon-to-be-second-grader) decided he wanted to marry my cousin Amy (17) and followed her around the whole time...

Sunday added Tracy, Amy & Haley, Gary & his mom & a bunch of neighbors & friends whose names I never caught. We had a late lunch & the guys started to play around, chasing each other on mowers in the field. They ran over (and competely dem
olished) an outdoor upright shade umbrella (like one for a table-lawn set) - turned it into a type of lance careening into the crowd...everyone was fine - just one of those moments. Matt ran his wheels up "into" the umbrella and the wheels turned out to the sides - it completely bent/broke the axle-thingie. Even I knew this was not good. All the guys tried to give it a quck fix, but it was never quite the same. (see the "PIT" sign Amy ran over to hold up - omg - I thought it was hilarious) Since only three of them brought their mowers to race, they ended up just doing "pulls". They were fun to watch, but - I'm not really sure who won & they kicked up enough dirt in the wind that I think I ate some.

And a funny thing - at least it's funny now, it wasn't so funny yesterday...Joe (who is about to marry into the family & a policeman) handcuffed my niece Amy while out joking around with everybody. Unfortunately his handcuff key fell out of his pocket while riding one of the mowers somewhere earlier in the day...
...oops.
The keys hadn't been found yet when we left, but Joe was able to
think fast & radio a local officer for a key. All things considered, Amy was a really good sport. It was amusing to see everybody trying to pick the lock while Joe was getting the key.

We're keeping Amy & Meg for the week now that they've officially started their summer vacation - which means movie festival at my house...they haven't seen any of the "classics" - Terminator movies, Alien movies, Jurassic Park, Jaws, The Shining, Blazing Saddles...the list goes on & on...

3 Comments:

Blogger Janean Campbell said...

Oh my goodness. This is a hoot and a half. It made me laugh so hard. Unles you've ever lived in the country, you'd never truly appreciate this country fun!

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home