Wednesday, May 24, 2006

From students to musicians...


I went my cousins' piano recital last night...their teacher was talking about those that had made the transition from student to musician & it really clicked. At some point they ceased to "practice" and started to play. Both of them sat down in the reception hall and played after the recital...they're really good.

All the time now - I look at them and go "when did this happen?" - they're so grown up. Amy turned 17 while I was in Provo, Meg will be 15 in July...

Amy's going to be a senior in high school !?! Doesn't seem possible since she was born the last week of my senior year in 1989 - how time flies...She is fluent in Spanish, learning Japanese is looking for a voice scholarship & wants to be a math major. {oof}

We cooked up a plan...they're going with us up to Matt's uncle's for Memorial Day family lawn mower races - they can't say I'm not exposing them to culture {lol}.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love playing piano!!!!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Music is something that will never fail them--even if they don't persue a career.

And lawn mower races--Oh My Heck! Around here, we have Lawn Tractor Pulls!!! And my nephews are champions in the sport--with trophies and medals and plaques to prove it! :)

xoxo,
Becca

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't "seen" them in years. I look at pictures and just hardly recognize them!

It is hard for me to deny their ages though, when my own is 12 now! Yikes!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Music has always been such an important part of my life. Betcha didn't know I took a solid 12 years of piano lessons, eh? That, and that I was a member of the Junior Mo-Tab choir. Shhhh... really it's a deep dark secret.

It's awsome that they've found music. It's a great outlet - and way to relieve stress. I LOVE it!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Emmy- I can't believe that is Amy- the baby I held when we were freshmen!! Wow!! And, Meg- do you remember how she thought Steve was funny?

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home