Monday, May 15, 2006

More scrapbooking & catching up on my life...

I am noticing a trend here...I'm not talking about my life, just showing what I've been working on.

Well, things have been prety predictable around here...Matt's doing much better. He built the foundation for his new
lawn-mower-mecca-shed with our neighbor, Cecil this weekend. I saw my dad, stepmom & Nancy for Mother's day - brunch @ IHOP (stuffed french toast) & an afternoon showing of Poseidon. I made Sharon the necklace below for mother's day. I went out to the cemetery to visit my mom...

Getting ready to go to
Provo for CKU. Hopefully on the way in we can stop at Big City Soup for lunch before we leave SLC. It's one of my favorite places...

Here's the text for the Lindbergh layout...I just love this story: As a young bride, my grandmother, Alma Louise, joined her husband in the new aviation industry by becoming a stewardess for Mid-Continental Airlines. One day early in 1941, she was running through the St. Louis airport at top speed with her head down, desperate to catch her flight. She remembered running into a man's chest {he was very tall compared to her tiny 5'1' frame}, hitting him with enough force that she was knocked backwards onto her bottom. From the ground she looked up into the face of "the most famous and handsome man I could think of", Charles Lindbergh. He leaned down and offered his hand and said, "Are you all right? May I help you?". She took his hand, too awestruck to speak. She just stared at him. He smiled, nodded and went on his way through the terminal. She couldn't speak. She couldn't move. She just literally ran into Charles Lindbergh and couldn't even muster a "Hello, sir" or "thank you" - she was mortified. She realized that her story would be "one day I ran into Charles Lindbergh, I was the clumsy girl who couldn't speak". Whenever she told me about that day she would still smile and blush slightly.


Well, here's the layout info: Blue Cardigan Shakspeare Paper: Stratford, Shakespeare Alphabet Circle Coasters; Shakespeare Photo Corner Coasters; Gin-X Oda Mae Black; Gin-X College Black; Paper House Die Cut {vintage plane}; Jolee's by You {english pound}; Image Rub-Ons: Creative Imaginations & 7 Gypsies; Vintage Jewelry Pin Replica {source unknown}; Heidi Swapp photo corners; Magic Scraps transparency; font: CK Newsprint; Ranger cut & dry foam; Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Faded Jeans, Black Soot, Vintage Photo.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always love your work! HAve fun in SLC!

J

4:49 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Love all of this energy you've got going lately! Awesome work! We need a CKU update!!!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home