Monday, June 12, 2006

Sad but true...

Well, the press release just came out {see below}...Just wanted to let you know that we're OK. It's been a wonderful four years - thank you Ashley & Advantus for all the opportunities you have given me...
  • Never fear, I will be teaching Magic Scraps classes at CKUs for the rest of the year {I like to think of them as "limited edition" now}.
  • I will be attending CHA Summer and working in the Noritsu booth, I hope to see you there.
  • and last, but not least, I hope to remain in the industry, so if you have a job for me I'm very interested in talking with you...
Advantus to discontinue Magic Scraps

Jacksonville, Florida, June 12, 2006 – Advantus Corporation and Ashley Smith have announced that they will be discontinuing the Magic Scraps line of products beginning January 1, 2007. This was a mutual decision by both Ashley Smith, founder of Magic Scraps, and Kevin Carpenter, President of Advantus Corp.

Advantus will continue to sell Magic Scraps Scrappy Glue and Scrappy Tape on a go forward basis. The remaining Magic Scraps inventory will be available for sale while supplies last.

When asked about the decision to discontinue the Magic Scraps line of products, Kevin Carpenter said, “Advantus is committed to our craft and hobby division. At this time we find it necessary to focus our resources on the Cropper Hopper and Heidi Swapp brands. With the pending addition of two new major brands to be revealed at CHA Winter 2007, we made the difficult decision to discontinue Magic Scraps.”

Ashley Smith added, “I’m thankful for the experience that Advantus has given me, but I’m an entrepreneur at heart and happiest when I’m running my own business.”

Ashley and her husband Ben will be launching a new venture in digital scrapbooking, Polka Dot Potato (www.Polkadotpotato.com).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did NOT know that! TFS!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I told you on the phone, It was such a joy to meet you and I am so sad to hear this news. You are so talented and amazing that I know for sure that anyone who has a company with a need for and Educator or Coordinator is going to scoop you up straight away and be lucky to have you. Big Hugs

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily: I am so sad to hear about Magic Scraps. I LOVED their products. I loved taking classes from you and the girls.... If I hear of anything I will let them know you are available and send them to you. You are very talented and I am certain that something better will come out of this : )

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of Luck to you-

wendy smedley

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im in shock!! wha wha whaaatt?? This is craziness!! Everything happens for a reason, be excited for what is going to come next!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home