Thursday, June 29, 2006

Kicking some grass...

We've waited & waited...and now we only have two days left...it is time. Believe it or not, I'm really getting excited about going!

We are headed out to Avery, Texas this weekend for the Annual Tomato Festival & US National Lawn Mower Racing Championships {ESPN will be filming, don't worry, you will be able to follow it too}...uh-huh, we're cool. "Watching real men kick some grass". After the festivities we'll be staying in scenic Paris {Texas} ooh-la-la.

Don't you wish you were me... this is so much better than the Carribean cruise that my friend Angie's husband took her on this week {LOL}...imagine the photo comparison session we'll have when she gets home...there is one thing - the shock value & memory-making potential of the trip is terriffic!

...and don't worry, I intend to take about a million photos!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a super time. we don't have cool things like that here.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a blast!! Now we have to find a book about lawnmowers for that scrapbook!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Sofia said...

LOL! That's just funny! Hope you have fun!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Emily Adams said...

hey debby - I plan to cover a regular book with "grass flock" that they use in train models...unless I find a rockin' book instead - not too many books on lm racing...

:)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

Hey girl! My best friend Tamara lives in Detroit, TX which is about 12 miles from Paris. She said they're having all kinds of 4th of July activities if you wanna stop by! Isn't the eiffel tower (?) there a hoot? I always have to have my picture made with it! :) Have a great weekend. Jess

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home