Monday, June 26, 2006

Home again from CKU...

Home from San Jose...got lots of sleep & am still somewhat exhausted...the time change & daily margaritas got the better of me...

Not as many pictures as I took in Provo - San Jose seemed like more work & less play - on this trip, however, I did manage to go to dinner with my friends every night at Spencer's {in the hotel}. Day one, we had some free time & went with Kandice from Cross-My-Heart {who's boxes did not show up} for pedicures {my first}.

Got to spend more time with Barb from IP & Sherry, one of my fellow Imagination Project Design Team members. They are great, however, I am determined to give them a hard time...they took off for San Francisco an evening without us - um, hello????

Also had a blast hanging out with Andria from Reminisce...she is now officially "part of the posse"...

People I didn't see enough of {because they were, like w-o-r-k-i-n-g all the time} Margie R-A, Tim, Stacey, Teresa {who was there with her husband Ty & her boys}, Janna, Tricia {who was there with her husband Brian & the "little Davis" herself, who has gotten so much bigger since I've seen her}, Ali, Marji, Michelle & Kristi S-B.

I had such great students...I love teaching in California. If you were in my class be sure to chime in and say hi...I'd really love to hear from you! I got the most thoughtful gift ever - The Festival of Bones - a beautifully illustrated bilingual children's book on the day of the dead. I collect day of the dead skeleton figurines, started on my honeymoon in San Antonio - in 1999, the same year this book was published. I also love richly illustrated children's books... I taught a class on writing your own bio at CKU-Teachers two years ago & which she took & she remembered those minute details I used as examples and found me that book...I am overwhelmed. I'm going to alter it and make it into a book about my collection. Thank you more than I can express, Michelle - you made my day!

Top left: Kandice (Cross-My-Heart), Debby (Canson/Anna Griffin), Anita (CK), Ashley (PolkaDotPotato/Magic Scraps), me, Barb (Imagination Project). Bottom left: Andria (Reminisce), Kandice, Barb, Debby, me.


Top right: the "pedi-party". Middle & bottom right: OK, OK...this is Debby and the "scary guy" from the bar...OMG...there is sooooo much that could be said here, however, I will summarize with the fact that I am very, very sorry for his wife that has to put up with his extremely inappropriate behavior. Debby was MORTIFIED...but the pictures are great...aren't they?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes...there they are for all to see! We had a blast! I so enjoyed all our dinners! I'll look forward to more fun in Chicago!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great time too! So much fun hanging with all the girls! Thanks! (I'll admit, I MIGHT get kind of hooked on this blog thing. I'll let you know.)
Have a great week Em!

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, I was lucky enough to take your Directions class. Loved it. :-) I can't wait to finish it up and make it into a little album of my favorite hiking spots.
---Eileen

12:40 AM  
Blogger Michelle Rout said...

Emily----

You are making me blush here! *I* am beyond thrilled with your reaction to the little book...sometimes we have good intentions & don't follow through...so glad I did this time! I can't tell you how happy your reaction has made me!

Oh, btw, great class too! The friends I was with at the party table are Em-fanatics now too!

Hugz, Michelle

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home