Saturday, December 06, 2008

Shop Etsy Saturdays: Celebrating GEEKERY

I believe in Etsy and in the spirit of independent craftsters everywhere. I love to buy handmade and unique items for myself, my home and as gifts. As someone who sells on etsy as well as shops there, I have found hundreds of talented craftsters and amazing creations while I have been online.

This week I'm going to deviate a little from my usual one-shop recommendation and direct you to two of my current favorite daily spots on on Etsy.

First: GEEKERY


"Geekery" is a category of products on etsy. It's the home of an eclectic mix of products from home decor built out of recycled computer parts to gaming goodies turned into jewelery to...well - you never know! Anyway, it's nerd nirvana & a fun area to browse through.
  • To go there go to the home page of etsy.com.
  • In the gray sidebar on the left side, look under categories and select "Geekery".
  • This will take you to a chronological browser of the most recently listed items in that category.
  • You can also click on the "Geekery Showcase" along the top of that page to go to a "featurette" of some really cool highlighted shop. {And we're *really excited* to be one of the Geekery Showcase shops today & this coming Monday, so please check it out while it's up!}
Second: The GEEK CHIC Guide

Etsy recently improved their browsers {AGAIN - I swear, this has the smartest, sexiest search engine on the planet!} and overhauled their gift guides - including "Geek Chic"!
I am awed - daily - at all the wonderful products I am finding from indie craftsters. Carve out some time to look around on etsy this weekend, I'm sure you'll find something you'll adore! Wishing you a geek-taculous weekend!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home