Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know - I'd love to read along!

I SEE: Twilight

Finally! I went with Amy & Meg on Friday. It was pretty good...nothing compared to the book. It really inspired me to reread them all. I just picked them up on audio book & have been listening to them while I clean...

I HEAR: Ben Folds on Pandora
If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times - I LOVE PANDORA! They analyze your taste in music & create a "radio station" based on the kind of sound you want to listen to. I've found a lot of amazing artists through them I never would have found otherwise. I also know how to better define what music I like. For example, this week I've been into: acoustic rock instrumentation, blues influences, a prominent rhythm piano part, acoustic sonority, a vocal-centric aesthetic, minor key tonality & narrative lyrics.

I TASTE: Silk Nog
Heaven for the lactose intolerant...my aunt bought a carton for me for Thanksgiving. :)
*AWESOME*

I TOUCH: Dust Bunnies
We cleaned under the bed & under the couch. It's so scary down there...I found lost shoes under the bed, a whole sweater under the couch, an old school I.D. of Meg's and countless pens & pencils.

I SMELL: Pumpkin Pie Beer Soap
One of my etsy purchases...it was a limited edition & the minute I read the description I knew I had to try it. I've been looking for a really good independent soap maker on etsy & I think I've found my favorite. This bar smells fabulous & really put me in the holiday spirit! Their soaps lather really well & are very moisturizing. Great stuff & a wonderful holiday smell!

2 Comments:

Blogger kateolynch said...

I can't believe you waited so long to see Twilight. Beeper and I just saw it for the second time. (Should I admit that?) But you're right the books were SO much better!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

So you finally saw it- of course, the books are WAY better, but I thought the movie was great. :-)

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home