Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's been 3 years - seriously???

Really??? Today, 3 years ago I had my stroke. It's stunning to think of how much has changed in 3 years. It's exhilarating to think of how much my life has improved since then.

I still have a few reminders {killer leg cramps since my right leg is STILL stronger than my left and even though I fight to hide it my left leg still drags a little - especially when I'm tired. Also - an almost completely dead left foot...wiggling toes or standing on tip toe is, well, really hard}...BUT here's what I can do: live a long & healthy life {thanks to Mr. Pacemaker}. Walk {hello - HUGE improvement}. "Be normal" {or at least not have to deal with heart problems, partial paralysis & exhaustion every day}. Which is AWESOME!

So I'm celebrating life today!!! My cup overflows & it's a glorious day to be alive! Go hug somebody & have a great day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Yeay! Today is a happy day indeed :) Congrats.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Just a Simple Gal - Judy in Huntsville - AL said...

Happy Day to you!!! I knew you'd had some serious health issues in the past, but I didn't realize how recent it was. And to think I first met you at CKU-Atlanta in 2006 and never realized how ill you had been! Way to go girl!!! You're an inspiration to me in more ways than one!!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

You are so AWESOME- I am so proud of the strides you've made- you are a true inspiration. :-) Love ya chica!!!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Just wanted to add my HAPPY to your day!!!!!

You rock, Miss Emily!!! So happy that you're healthier and happier from 3 years ago!

xoxoxo

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home