Sunday, December 07, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know - I'd love to read along!

I SEE: *NEW* Twilight Buttons!




We've gotten SO MANY requests for new Twilight buttons to our shop I created 20 new images this weekend. We've also goal-ed ourselves to do 3 sets per book in the series {a small, medium & mega set}. Right now we have the Twilight set, Bella's Choice and The Dazzling Collection. We will have Jacob & wolf pins as soon as I put together the New Moon sets...

I HEAR: Mad World & Way to Normal...

Mad World by Gary Jules {the version from my beloved Donnie Darko} has been stuck in my head {as well as Marie Digby's version of Umbrella - ever since Andy switched it to "Angela-ela-ela-hey-hey-hey-hey" and sang it on the office a couple of weeks ago}. Also Meg {rock star} loaned me her new cd, Way to Normal. I've been particularly rocking out to The Frown Song, You Don't Know Me, Hiroshima & Effington. Also - I've been playing Rockin' the Suburbs...well, a lot.

I TASTE: Bulgogi

I went to lunch Saturday with my aunt & uncle and Meg-o and they introduced me to this too-good-to-be-real Korean restaurant that's so ridiculously close to my house I could walk. Unbelievably good, good, good! I can't wait to go back again sometime soon with Matt...

I TOUCH: ETSY ORDERS!!!

Those are the empty envelopes from this week...we made over 350 buttons in the evenings and over the course of the week BROKE and FIXED our button maker {thank heavens!}.

I SMELL: Red Wine

I spent a some soul-nourishing hours with Ashley & Kate this week. Before long, Ashley poured us all a glass of red {or maybe 2, or maybe that's just because I "did her the favor" of drinking her glass when she got up to chase after a little one - lol. No seriously, I'm not a lush, it's just with the careening kiddos, it almost spilled a dozen times - so my best solution on the spur of the moment was to eliminate the potential for disaster by eliminating the wine itself.}. I've only recently started appreciating reds {thanks to Jen & Pam steering me towards some good ones to start with}. So far, from what I've tried, my favorite has been a Pinot Noir called Wild Horse. It's kind of weird smelling & drinking reds after being anti-red for so long. I prefer cherry and peppery overtones - so if any of you have any red recommendations for me, I'd love to hear them!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kandice said...

mmm....red... you know i'm a sucker... of course i have a few moderately priced faves, but i'm not sure you'll like them:
1. avalon cabernet (orange label)
2. mark west pinot noir (yellow/orange label)
3. house wine (a nice blend)
try and enjoy! :)

10:48 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

I loooove the idea of blogging your senses! Now, if I could just remember Friday Fill ins and Sensational Sundays I'd be set!

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmygoodness those buttons!!! ahh!! i am going to buy some!!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home