Monday, December 15, 2008

My top ten things to do with green onions...

OK - Kandice asked in a comment, so I thought I would clear this up since green onions are so very fab. Here's what I like to do:

1. Use them in salads - this week in my pizza salad.
2. On baked potatoes.
3. Floated on soups.
4. Mixed with cooked frozen peas & ramen noodles. {the best!}
5. Dipped in a 2/3 pepper-1/3 salt mixture & eaten as is.
6. Battered & fried or baked with ranch dressing.
7. In fried rice.
8. Grilled. {yummo}
9. With scrambled eggs.
10. Grow more green onions. I store them upright in a glass of water & snip off the top for salads & baked potatoes. They keep growing in your fridge!

How do you like your green onions?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them in softend cream cheese with a touch of chicken boullin powder mixed in, spread on a wheat thin. Ohhhh yummmy.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never knew you could do so much with Green onions!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Fried with bacon and perogies!!!!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

o yum!
i love onions. i've never tried #6. sound good.
Sandra

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had no idea! :) thanks for some great suggestions!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Nesa said...

mmm..green onions!! I love to put them in a bit of water in a mason jar and chill them in the fridge and eat as is.

or use them in a fabu dip with cream cheese, wafer sliced ham, some worchestershire and tabacco sauce served on ritz crackers.

or cut up and put with some cucumber slices in zesty italian dressing and chilled.

of course i use them in my stuffing mix, and sprinkled on top of a roast or brisket as it slow cooks.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Em - I'm curious - what is pizza salad?
I agree - grilled scallions are yummy!
Try them roasted with asparagus or fresh green beans too.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home