Sunday, December 14, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know - I'd love to read along!

I SEE: Amy & Haley in a FABULOUS Christmas Program
Niece Amy invited us to a "Christmas program" at her church via the chat feature on Facebook. Of course I said yes, but didn't write it down...luckily she called about an hour before the performance Saturday night & we made it. "Program" was an understatement. This was a full-blown extravaganza with full orchestra, 300+ choir and an hour & a half of entertainment...It was really neat to see Amy & Haley do their thing!



I HEAR: The IndieFrenzy Playlist
I created "work tunes" for our upcoming venture & have had them playing in the background whenever I'm working on the computer this week. Not only do I have several of my favorites - I threw in a some Neil Diamond especially for Ashley & Kate.


I TASTE: A Festival of Meat!


We went to a Christmas party at a Brazilian steakhouse Friday night...so scrumptious! Also had some wicked little Brazilian cocktails. There were so many unbelievable tastes that night I don't even know where to begin. Just go to Boi Na Braza...

I TOUCH: ENVELPOES!!!!

That is a LAUNDRY BASKET of orders this week's button sales! Thank God for Meg, who really saved us this weekend by helping us out! If not for her we would still be going...

I SMELL: Green Onions

We had an "off week" from the coop after Thanksgiving & last week we didn't have a ton of stuff that excited me. But the nice thing about taking turns at the farmer's market is that some weeks you get a box full of things you *adore* {except broccoli}. This week I did the happy dance because we got green peppers, green onions {so happy to get THREE beautiful, fragrant bunches!}, spinach, carrots, apples, oranges, pears, blackberries & blueberries. We're giving the broccoli away...because it smells like - well, broccoli.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you do with your green onions? i love using them on homemade sesame chicken (an everyday food magazine recipe i got hooked on about a year ago)... i'll email you the recipe :)

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home