Friday, November 21, 2008

Christmas Cards & Mini Kits...

The Luxe Girls have been busy creating a slew of Christmas card ideas! We challenged ourselves to create a card design that could be replicated 10 times as cheaply as possible. I love this concept, since I'm usually pretty cost conscious when I create anyway. All the instructions are free and are being posted on our blog with the cards every day.

We even created little 10 card kits to go with them. To keep the cost down, we wrote the instructions like a recipe and didn't include things like cardstock and glitter - items you probably already have at home. We also didn't factor in tools (trimmer, scissors, etc), but we also made sure we didn't use any tools beyond the basics to create with. A few of the kits include our holiday stamp set...which made them a little higher, but considering it's a non consumable item we "gave ourselves permission" to include it in our design. We really approached the challenge in exactly the same mindset we use when we ourselves are walking down the aisles of a scrapbook store, making decisions on purchases (do I really need this? how can I stretch this further? will I use it again? etc.).

We started the promo on Wednesday and I wanted to share the two cards of mine that have gone up so far:



This one's called "Sprinkled with Whimsy" (Since the paper line it features is called Sprinkles). This was card #1 on Wednesday. I wanted to do a retro pink/turquoise & lime holiday card. I must give a shout out to Gaby Alcantara who first gave me the idea to use Sprinkles for Christmas (she is so amazing - love her work!).

Sprinkled with Whimsy Instructions
Sprinkled with Whimsy Supplies



This one's my Winter Wonderland card (it went up this morning). For it you just need 4 pieces of paper and a stamp! I love this jolly little snowman & I wanted to make a holiday card that was more of a "Season's Greetings" than a "Merry Christmas" card. Hmmm...now that I think of it all of the cards I did were non traditional - go figure. My favorite bit? making that fun little scarf out of the striped paper...so much fun! And our calico paper makes such great snow!

Winter Wonderland Instructions
Winter Wonderland Supplies

So stay tuned we have *10* card ideas coming out on the Luxe blog. You can view them all there & I will do highlights over here of mine & a few of my favorites from Pam & Jen.

So tell me - have you started on your Christmas cards? finished? if you haven't started do you have a concept in mind or are you waiting for inspiration? I'm a last minute girl myself...and I'll probably be doing one of these 10 ideas for my cards this year!

8 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

sadly...I can't make my cards this year. So I'm going to *gasp* buy them. They are recycled though, so that has to count for something!!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Davis said...

Everything is super cute!

11:04 AM  
Blogger muirwoodsue said...

I love your snowman one because I just love snowmen!
Its just so cute. Love the dimension on it too!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Sweet cards and I particularly like the effort to be cost efficent! Thanks for sharing! :)

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm blushing! lol

Love your cards E.!

I'm loving the kits & the cost!

I need to make mine right away!!

Hugs

1:40 PM  
Blogger Shaina Longstreet said...

one of the things i miss most about working at my LSS is creating cards. these ones are fantastic!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Sandra Collins said...

these are all fantastic!

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad I found your blog while searching for some Christmas craft ideas that I can do real quick. I love your cards!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home