Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Thank you Japan...

It's my final night in Japan...and honestly? I'm quite sad. I connected with country in a way I never have before. I've met so many new friends - especially Aya, Tracey & Dee, who I will miss so much. We've vowed to do inter-continental swap boxes to keep in touch. My heart is so full & there's so much I want to say, but for now I will just say thank you.

Thank you Megumi, Naoya and the Sun-K team for running a fabulous event and inviting Luxe to teach here!

Thank you to all of the 200+ wonderful women (and "#19") who were my students at CKU-J. This was more than just an event. This is more than just a craft. This is the begining of a beautiful friendship.

Thank you Aya, Miho and Kaoura. Miho & Kaoura - you worked so hard in my classes. It was an honor to work with you and I treasure the letter you gave me. Aya - what can I say??? I feel BLESSED you were my interpreter. Not only did you go above & beyond during classes, I couldn't have done Tokyo or Narita near as well without you. Love you! (and a special thank you to your beautiful mother!)

Thank you to Tracey & Dee from Scrap the Planet. OK...you're the ones that made me want to move here. You two nuts - I LOVE YOU GUYS! I can't wait to see you in Texas later this year! I feel like we really bonded & I'm looking forward to keeping in touch. Thank you for a wonderful day!

Thank you to all the wonderful ladies that came out to Kawasaki for my class for Scrap the Planet. I love that you got the Madonna joke....

And thank you Japan. This pristine, polite & friendly country soothed my soul. So, thank you and I'm sure 'll be seeing you again. Arrigato gozaimas!

1 Comments:

Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Emily! SO so happy that you had such a wonderful time in Tokyo/Japan!! Now you know why I'm jealous of your trip! LOL!!!

Get settled (get rid of that jet lag) and have a wonderful time in Chicago!! I wanted to see you but not sure about your schedule...I'm not going this year but do you have time for Sunday brunch?

LMK! MargieH in Chicago
mhiguchi@comcast.net

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home