Thursday, June 07, 2007

Introducing "Soleful Art"...

I have a new little venture. I've been thinking of it for a while. Today I decided there's no time like the present & I'm officially, unofficially launching "Soleful Art". It will start on this very blog, grow to a new independent Etsy shop, then morph into it's own website. Soleful art is shoe art. Think of it as tattooed shoes.
I am a big croc fan. I even love the "frocs" (fake + crocs = "frocs") - when I can find the comfy kind. I wear them all the time & I've been absolutely itching to do something fun with them. I have contracted my cousin Meg as my resident "doodle master" and we will split the art load. Each piece will be signed to show if it's one of mine or one of Meg's. (She's also been working on some awesome tattoo-esque piggy banks...totally cool - also, coming soon to Matt & Meg's Etsy shop).
We will be offering pre-doodled comfy frocs in a variety of sizes & colors. We also can customize sets to incorporate your personality into the designs. I am still working out the details, but we plan to get things up & going after I get home from CKU Anaheim.
I will also be rolling out "foot flair" which are buttons that can dress up strap snap of your crocs. We will have a lot of these and they are a fun accessory for even your solid crocs.

I wear crocs every day & I figured it was about time to give them a new look. Ever since I worked on Oodles of Doodles I've been daydreaming of doodled crocs. These exceeded my wildest expectations. I would love to hear what you think & hope you check back real soon to "get some sole"!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

emily these crocs look AWESOME!
What a clever idea!
Goodluck!

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a size 10 and my favorite color is yellow. Let me know when they are ready and how much!

K @ IP

8:11 AM  
Blogger Je@net said...

Wow, what an awesome idea!! This just looks great girl!!!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah !! I've been waiting for a while ~~ but these are even better. I'll be watching for them .

9:11 PM  
Blogger JaneHastyPhotography said...

I love it Em! I wear that at work and Emma wears hers daily. They're the only shoes she wears. She'll need buttons thogh b/c hers are black! Can't wait to see itall unfold! Jane

8:30 AM  
Blogger Angélique said...

These crocs are awesome!!! Will wait and see!!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home