Friday, June 01, 2007

Completely jet-lagged & fabulous...

Wow, for the first time I can actually say jet lag is kicking my butt. When I woke up at 8 this morning my body thought it was 1 am. ouch. Hopefully I will get adjusted by tomorrow.

Today I went out to the Scrap-a-Ganza warehouse and sorted out my kits {the palette went missing somewhere between Cincinnati and Amsterdam and never arrived}. I will have two more packing sessions at 8 am tomorrow & 8 am Sunday to get it finished, but no worries. I had lunch with Stacey & Sue, taught this evening {the class went great} and ended up at a cafe for dessert & a hot chocolate.
The weather here is unseasonably perfect. Somehow I've lucked out every time I've traveled this year. It's actually hot during the day and quite cool at night. I got a bit of a sunburn when we sat outside at lunch.
Well, I'm taking pictures when I can. The top left pic is the view from my balcony {I know, hard life, right?}. The purple flowers are actually a field of garlic or onions - we passed the farm twice & I took that out the window of the moving car. There are poppies everywhere. I almost bought a tin sign that said "no opium smoking" in town today because I thought - I bet I'll be the only person I know with one"...but I refrained & bought a tin sign with a vintage advertisement for Barilla pasta in Italian for my kitchen instead. Anyway, I shot this poppy right outside the hotel, extremely close up. Last but not least is the nearest entrance to the beach - about a 2 minute walk. "Bad-Zuid"- looks pretty good to me...
I am trying to keep on top of my photos this trip, we'll see if I keep it up. If you'd like to peek at my photo progress, you can view my online Holland album here. I teach three times tomorrow and am planing an adventure in the afternoon...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm soo jealous! What a treat for you to see the world!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Scrappyilse said...

Hey Emily,

It was great meeting you! I loved the class Staggering Possibilities. Maybe I'll make more of these little albums.
You're right about the purple flowers. They're onions, or Aluinen as we call them in the Netherlands.

Happy Scrapping!
Regards,
Ilse M.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, Trust you to have such a great adventure! The photos are stunning. Thanks for being a great fun teacher.....I loved it all.

Be inspired,

Julie W

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in Amsterdam last weekend too - but not at Scrapaganza. Several friends of mine went and said it was wonderful! Glad you all had a great time. Amsterdam is gorgeous isn't it?

Did you ever get the London Golf Ball I mailed you?

8:03 AM  
Blogger Emily Adams said...

OMgoodness, Wendrie - we DID get the golf ball !!!!!!!!!!!

It arrived while I was in Canada and my husband said on the phone, "some woman in England sent me a little washcloth bunny with a golf ball in it - do you know something about this???" But he threw away the envelope & I couldn't find your info so THANK YOU for posting! We really appreciate all the trouble you went to to send it!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home