Friday, April 13, 2007

What are the odds...

Well, I stayed in all day & avoided potential weather until I went and picked up my cousin Meg for the weekend. We ran by ReCollections to pick up some cardstock I needed then crash-BAM- monster-thunder, so I thought it was high time to get out & get home. We were parked close, but between the door & the car it went straight from rain to hail. By the time we were pulling out of the parking lot the hail was thick, but still small. We got onto 75 (which is very close) and the hail exploded. Quarter - golf ball - bigger. We were sure it was going to break our windshield. I pulled up on a curb & we huddled under an overpass waiting for it to blow by. It only lasted about 10 terrifying minutes (and wouldn't you know I didn't have my camera) and as we drove away we saw a couple of those baseball size hailstones sitting in the grass. I should've followed my own advice & stayed in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I'm sorry! We had golf ball hail at our house- we left to go to a ball game (I knew it would be cancelled, but Steve disagreed). We turned around (when it was cancelled-ha!) and made it in the garage just as it was coming down!

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're OK! What a spring in Dallas! Lookin' forward to playing in a couple days!!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home