Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Confessions of a Dollar Spot junkie...

I love the Dollar Spot at Target. I think it's called the "See Spot Save"- spot now, but I don't care...I still go trolling for bargains every time I go in. Nothing makes me happier than when it goes 75% off...I digress. Last night Martha & I went to Target & found great 2007 calendars - they were in a book format with the plastic "leatherette" covers - once you were done with the calendar you could slide in another or a spiral - kind of like a book jacket. There were large monthly ones and purse sized weekly ones. I bought a stack with a plan...here are two sets I did with them tonight. I try to make most of my Christmas gifts, so these are the beginning of the pile. The secret is in the adhesive I used to cover it - red line tape. Like the flocked paper? Also Target...not $1, but a big roll of wrapping paper - lots to work with. I found the matching memo pad in their stationary section {split it into thirds} and made a custom tie for it with ribbon. Added some fun rub-ons for a bit of further personlization & voila! I think they turned out pretty cool. I also bought a big spool of white boa fur from the Christmas aisle...that's gonna be fun to work with!

So happy Thanksgiving! If your holiday shopping takes you past Target pick some up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home