Friday, May 12, 2006

In memory of my "mother"...

I created this layout to honor my "mom" for mother's day...My grandmother raised me since I was a baby and it's still hard sometimes to accept that she's gone. I remember all the memories she shared and I am dedicated to re-telling her story and preserving her memory.
Alma Louise Cordonier Hargis
May 26, 1918 - October 15, 2003

I am very lucky to be blessed with a dynamite stepmom (Sharon) who's been married to my dad for an impressive 26 (or maybe 27?) years now. And thanks to Matt I have a nifty scrapbooking, quilting mother-in-law. Oops....I haven't made their cards yet...

Well, I guess I got the "bug" today - I rushed home to create this page. I handmade the memory board border...the rest includes: Blue Cardigan Designs Bloom papers:Seed Packet, Gladys' Garden, Strawberry Trellis, Hedge Row; Bloom Coaster Buckles (trimmed); Bloom Cotton Tabs; Bloom Cotton Art Tape; Gin-X Brown Oda Mae Rub-ons; Brown zig pen; MM "Defined" Memories Mini Stickers; Junkitz Long Brads; Ribbon & corsage pin unknown; SEI Granny's Kitchen Doilies; Heidi Swapp Photo Corners; Mrs. Grossman Scalloped Lace Border Sticker; Avery shipping tag & jewelry tag; Ranger cut & dry foam; Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Tattered Rose, Old Paper, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Wow! I'm totally impressed with the amount of energy you have!!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

And your layout is just stunning!

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful em, Alma would be pleased :)

Mother's day is one of those sucky days around here, scrapbooking seems like such a healthy thing to do with the day.

I love your photos of Alma, so many I have never seen.

kim

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home