Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Really Grand Evening...

Well, I thought this was just a night out with the girls until the candle came out...my birthday is on Sunday & I guess we started celebrating early - what a wonderful surprise.

It was really nice to have a girls night out - especially with such a great group. Back row: Jen, me, Ashley & Pam. Front row: Tracy, Kate & Virginia.
We went to The Grand Lux Cafe* for dinner and drinks...the next thing I knew it was 4 hours later...good laughs, shared memories, gossip swapping - general drinking & sugar overdose - a good time had by all.
*menu note: when you order a mushroom burger at the Grand Lux it is actually made from compressed chopped mushrooms, not topped with them - thank God I adore mushrooms & it was great, but it was quite a surprise...guess I didn't read the description as well as I thought I did...

We had so much fun...can't wait to do it again!
Ash, thanks for dinner...
Jen, glad you could join the gang...
Pam, so glad you moved here...
Kate & Tracy, I miss you every day...
Virginia, I can't leave you out...um...thanks for picking me up ( and for being so freakin' cool)...
You guys are the best - this was my first girlie birthday "party" in years!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

What a cool cake!
J

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home