Saturday, March 04, 2006

Coaster Wars with the Youth & Beauty Brigade...


It's amazing how much fun you can have with a stack of coasters...Matt & I went over to my Aunt & Uncle's house for dinner and I got to log some quality cousin time with Amy & Meg (and relatively recent family gathering addition, Amy's boyfriend Zach). We started spinning coasters, trying to play a kind of coaster derby...we ended up laughing so hard it hurt...maybe you had to be there...

This is Amy & the boy...he's a nice kid. Amy was born when I was a senior in high school...hard to realize that she is a junior now. They introduced me to a great band The Decemberists. Amy & Meg are always singing something (both in choir with awesome voices) and it was strange hearing a baritone mixed in with their usual soprano duet. The song I remember the most was the youth & beauty brigade...I liked it so much they burned me a copy of the cd...We talked about one of my favorites, Nina Simone, and Zach actually had one of her songs on his ipod. I'm going to make them each a copy of the best of Nina for the next time I see them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home