Saturday, February 25, 2006

A full day already...

I don't know what possessed me, but I woke up with Matt at 6:30 this morning & haven't napped yet! We were at Target by 8:30 getting groceries & perscriptions. Since we were a little early for the pharmacy, we looked around some. I normally don't impulse shop - but - they were clearing out the last of the world market stuff and we picked up this raw silk back support pillow (I sit up in bed a lot - all those sleepless nights) for $3.99 (originally 39.99 - yes, thats 90% off). It's funky, comfortable & generally perfect...anyway it's fun!

Then Matt took me to Hobby Lobby (I'm still not driving yet). I'm in a scrapping group & I signed up for a silk flower swap. It's really great. Last time there was only 5 of us and look at these big milk bottles the flowers filled. Because I'm a nerd, I analyzed them and the least purchased color in the last round was pink. It might be overkill, but I went pink crazy.

I've written a guide of 9 ways to alter silk flowers and I made a badge book for each of the new members. The back of each "page" has a quotation about flowers. I made a personalized tag for each individual bag of flowers and got a shadow box for the hostess for flower art (Target Dollar Spot - my other morning find). I didn't want to leave out the first rounders, so I made ghost flower monograms for everybody.

Why is it that I always get so carried away with these things? But I can't help it...it sure is fun.

BTW - silk flower "bushes" (the best deal) are on sale at Hobby Lobby 1/2 price right now...

1 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

love all the flowers...now only if there was a hobby lobby in CA. so glad you are feeling up to scrappin!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home