Monday, February 27, 2006

Reflections on Jell-O...

Have you bought jell-o lately? Have you even looked? Maybe because I don't have kids - but it's been a really long time since I've looked at jell-os. Wow - how the world has changed. I've been back "on jell-o" for about three weeks now.

In case you didn't know these days Jell-o comes in:
Apricot, Berry Blue, Black Cherry, Cherry, Cranberry, Cranberry-Raspberry, Green Apple, Grape, Pineapple, Magical Twist, Lemon, Lime, Mixed Fruit, Orange, Peach, Raspberry, Strawberry, Strawberry-Banana, Strawberry-Kiwi, Watermelon, White Grape, Wild Berry, and Wild Strawberry.

Growing up my mom would make raspberry jell-o with bananas, halved red grapes, mini marshmallows and pecans or it would be orange jell-o with shredded carrots - so I didn't have a jell-o "rainbow" to choose from. One other - when I was sick she would give me a mug of hot liquid lemon jell-o to drink (yum). I just tried the green apple and it's like a deliscious, jiggly jolly rancher.

They say on the box you can make them with sodas (lemon-lime or fruit, not Coke...) - how fun is that? Here's a link to the Jell-O Museum.

Sometimes it's the little things that make you smile. Jello makes me happy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I missed out on the jello with Carrots! Love jello, but nothing with any texture added :) The kids like to make two colors so they can have a mixed cup...crazy fun at my house.

kim

7:24 AM  
Blogger Emily Adams said...

I used to think - oh poor me - jello with carrots....now I actually miss it. I'd make some, but Matt wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole!

When I was a toddler my favorite was orange jello with frozen peas in it (there are pictures). I thought it was so pretty - I ate it up! What a wierd kid I was...
I also loved peanut butter & pickle sandwiches.

9:17 AM  
Blogger christina said...

emily...you are forcing me to make jello and now i have to pick the flavor. thanks for inspiring me to relive one of my favorites:)

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home