Monday, March 09, 2009

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know - I'd love to read along!

I SEE: 20 new kits for the Potato Bar...
Ashley's launching another BIG "Potato Bar" sale later this week at www.polkadotpotato.com (all the kits are just .99!) It's my first one to participate in since I started Catch 52 & I was soooooooooo excited! I created TWENTY NEW KITS over the last week!!! I'll post them as soon as they go up...

I HEAR: Fraiser
Lately, with all the family stress I've been looking for something to make me laugh. I ran across an episode of Fraiser on cable and laughed myself SILLY! I loved this show...but now I find it funnier than ever! Think about it - one of the base story lines is of a man dealing with his dad & dog moving in & how they get along (apropot). found an episode guide online & realized a few people have uploaded ALL the old Fraiser episodes on to YouTube! So I've been listening to them while I've been working on my potato bar kits...

I TASTE: Pei Wei
This means Matt went out of town last weekend...I always go grab food from Pei Wei when he's gone. I really love it & he hasn't found anything on the menu he really likes...

I TOUCH: dog hair
Oh. my. Lord.
EVERYWHERE!!!

We're going to have her shaved down. Way. too. much. hair. in. my. house.

We are loving having a dog - but this is RIDICULOUS.

I SMELL: Figs & Leaves
I went to LUSH to get some soap to send to my cousin in Iraq...it's a good thing my local LUSH girls know me by sight. We had a catch up chat & they cut me some lovely samples. I let them choose for me & I have some wonderful new soaps to try.

This one was the first I've tried & I must admit - my skin feels FABULOUS...Seriously if you have a LUSH in your area - go & ask for some samples. Try this one & porridge soap (great for your face) for starters. I'm so excited to try my other new samples...there's nothing like a long hot shower to relax!

4 Comments:

Blogger Funky Finds said...

em! you need a spring fling graphic on your blog!!! there's code on our homepage you can grab :)

frasier is my all time fav show. absolutely hilarious. i love niles...and of course, eddie :)

and i hear ya on the dog hair sister. our lab leaves piles everywhere. if we didn't love him so much, i would make him vacuum daily! LOL

jess

3:13 PM  
Blogger Sandra Collins said...

what a wonderful idea to document the senses - I'm going to have to try this soon.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Mimmers49 said...

Still haven't smelt any Lush products YET. I think I may just have to make an online order and try some out. You always make them smell so wonderful. Do you have any suggestions for super-dry skin???

11:19 PM  
Blogger Mom and Dad NB said...

I understand about the Chinese food thing, it must run in the family...I wish it was just hair that I had on my floor. See you this weekend...

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home