Sunday, March 01, 2009

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know - I'd love to read along!

I SEE: Costco

We broke down & got a Costco membership. We've been analyzing our grocery spending & realized we had a lot of recurring expenses that we could cut down by buying a few items in bulk. It was an adventure. We didn't go bonkers buying stuff either.

I HEAR: a drill
We put up a waterbed in the guest room this week. We weren't that sure of what we were doing and as a result had to start over twice before we did it right. I kept hearing the whirring of Matt's drill as we unassembled and reassembled. Anyway - it's done now and my dad's finally more comfortable. You wouldn't recognize our guest bedroom. It's actualy a bedroom...

I TASTE:
Matt's grilled cheese
My husband makes the best grilled cheese sandwiches in the world. His trick is that he makes them "inside out". He "grills" one side of the bread, then flips and adds the cheese then does the outside so both sides of the bread are crispy...he made them for me & my dad & Martha this weekend.

I TOUCH: Lady, our new fur-baby!

This was a surprise. We've adopted one of my parents dogs & brought it home with us permanently. A lot of you know I am generally anti-pet. Those of you who've known me when I've had pets know its because I have a hard time losing them. I love this dog. Matt REALLY loves this dog. It was his decision...we brought our new baby home last night. It's really quite fun.

I SMELL: Coffee
I've been drinking coffee almost every day. I'm trying to adjust to my new lifestyle of waking up earlier. It's taking A LOT of coffee...lol.

3 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

You were up early this morning. I love the looks of our new granddog. Good morning to your house. Mom and Dad

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how adorable!! :)

I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy this little guy!

Hugs

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 things...first I love grilled cheese. My favorite I get at the Old Town Tavern in Ann Arbor, MI. Pumpernickle, swiss, tomato and mushrooms....It doesn't sound it, but it is FABULOUS! Second, congratulations on the new fur-baby! My life would not be complete without my dogs!

Karin with an 'i' in Cincinnati!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home