Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week - every week - as an exercise to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know - I'd love to read along!

I SEE: My new favorite Catch 52 design

I designed my favorite kit so far for Catch 2 last week. I designed it to make printable birthday/anniversary calendars as gifts. You can also break up all the components and use them on scrapbook pages - the titles can even work in blog headers. I called it Street Smarts since it had a real graffiti feel.

I HEAR: Dogs
I spent the week at my dad's house & had a lot of up close & personal time with his 2 dogs. I woke up a few nights to one or the other standing on my bed looking at me, trying to figure out what the heck-o I was doing there. Curly killed a pillow while I was there. I mean he KILLED the pillow. WOW. It looked like a snowstorm.

I TASTE: Pam's Pork Chops
Pam introduced me to a new recipe she tried recently & loved. I've cooked it myself now too & am convinced it will be one of my new go-to easy staples that everyone loves & that I'll usually have everything on hand.
  • brown pork chops in a deep skillet - season with salt and pepper (do not worry about cooking all the way through, just get a nice color)
  • remove pork chops and deglaze skillet with a bottle or can of beer
  • add a bottle of barbecue sauce, a bunch of thinly sliced onions & some chopped garlic
  • place pork chops back in skillet
  • simmer (covered) 1-2 hours
  • serve over white rice
Oh wow. You will be blown away - sooooooo tender and good. And your house will smell wonderful!

I TOUCH: American cheese
I've been a little bored with lunches lately, so I decided to make pimento cheese for next week - so I did a lot of shredding today! Matt likes "old school" pimento cheese - it's so easy it's almost criminal:
  • shred a 1/2 lb+ block of white American cheese
  • shred a 1/2 lb+ block of yellow American cheese (just get these unsliced in a block from your deli counter)
  • dump in 2 little jars of diced pimentos & juice
  • add plenty of miracle whip - stir
That's it. Personally I like to mix in cheddar & add black pepper & a couple of dashes of Tabasco sauce - but it's good either way. So superior to what you buy in the tub - you may never go back!

I SMELL: Brown Sugar Soap

I've been using up some of my smaller bars of soap & rediscovered one I really liked - brown sugar. It was one of my etsy finds. I really recommend it if you're in the mood for a little indulgence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home