Tuesday, October 07, 2008

You know it's love when...

Matt was out late the other night helping a friend move & my early bird husband (usually asleep by 10) was out til 1 in the morning. He thought it was a good idea to take the trash out before he went to bed, so he did then he crashed hard. Flash forward to the next morning...I'm asleep & he's (somehow) made it to work on time. My phone rings..."Sweetie, I think I dropped my phone in the front yard last night. When you get up could you look for me please?" So once I figured out it wasn't raining or anything, I said sure, hit the snooze & fell back asleep (oops).

So when I woke up for real, I went into the front yard and started calling his phone from our front porch. I was holding it to the ground and was bent over like I was sweeping the yard with a metal detector...I'm sure I looked DE-ranged! So no luck...kept going...and then I was all the way to the street. One more try and...

Our trash bags are ringing.

You gotta be kidding me. My uber tired husband threw his phone away when he was gathering trash. So I had to go through a whole trash bag to recover it. *gross* THAT is love...Thankfully it didn't land in a wet or uber disgusting bit so "it's alive".

Moral of the story: don't ever take out the trash when you're exhausted. Friends don't let friends trash tired...or something like that...

6 Comments:

Blogger Lorrie said...

OMG!! you must REALLY REALLY love him! Ewwwww!!
glad you found it before the trashmen did!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Davis said...

Oh my gosh, this was just hilarious to read! Very funny share and some good advice! =)

12:41 PM  
Blogger Nancywithajones said...

hA! Glad ya found it though. wonder how many phones have been thrown away....

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get the 'good wife award' for sure! :)

5:09 PM  
Blogger muirwoodsue said...

too funny! what a great post. Glad you found the phone!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

That so sounds like something Steve would do.....sorry I didn't call this weekend- I was at the ranch with no cell service- call if you need me. ;-)

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home