Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know, I'd love to read them.

I SEE: The Office

I love, love, love the writing on this brilliant & witty show. Other season premiers I caught this week were Big Bang Theory, ER & Ugly Betty. I watch Grey's online...so don't ruin anything, I haven't seen it yet!

I HEAR: My Inlaws

Every year, with the coming of Big Tex {pictured}, comes my inlaws. Yep, it was opening weekend at the Texas State Fair this weekend & true to tradition James & Elizabeth came up & went on opening day. Matt's grandmother owns the crazy mouse there...so that's how that got started. Anyway - we had a nice visit on Saturday up at Rusty's new home in Trenton. Elizabeth officially gets the "worls'd toughest chic" award...she tripped & fell at the fair Friday night and all day Saturday said her arm hurt {but not too bad, just like "wow, I can't really bend my arm. I'm sure having a nice time visiting". Anyway - she got an xray after a day of socializing and a 4 hour drive home and she had broken it! Fractured radial cap...wowzers!!! Her main concern? Not being able to use her sewing machine for 3 - 6 weeks. lol.

I TASTE:Barbeque Chicken

Well, it's almost October & it's officially Crock Pot season at the Adams. I bought a cookbook I really like - Five Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes. I find that if the title has "five ingredients or less" my husband will cook out of it and the recipes are simple enough I can really use them as a springboard to to tweak them into something creatively my own... So here's the yummy chicken we tried this week from the new book:

1 c bottled barbeque sauce {well, I used a whole small bottle}
1/2 cup apricot preserves
2 tsp yellow mustard
and I added pepper & garlic
chicken drumsticks

Combine sauce. Pour over chicken in crock pot. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. Fabulous & almost no effort.

I TOUCH: Scrapbook stuff!!!

Yep, I finished my layout! It was so good to be scrapping again...Here's a sneak peek. I'll post the full layout & more shots tomorrow.

I SMELL: Barbeque Chicken
OK, that's probably cheating using one thing for two senses...but it smelled amazing and was by far the winner this week!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always love reading your posts..that chicken looks soo good .. might have to try that .. thanks for sharing that

3:14 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Wasn't the Office awesome??? I'm so glad it's back! :-)

3:40 PM  
Blogger amytangerine said...

yum! that chicken makes my mouth water!

5:29 PM  
Blogger renee said...

Great recipe, thanks! I adore my crockpot.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my mouth watering and I am SOOOOOO going to try that crock pot recipe! YUM!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home