Monday, September 29, 2008

From "Desk" to "Done"...

I scrapped again. It felt so good. I never realized how two handed an activity scrapping is until I broke my arm {for those of you who missed it - I broke my left arm in five places in early March, which is why it hasn't been very crafty on here lately}. I have so many amazing pictures I need to scrap...I kind of feel like I have scrapping A.D.D.

I had a morning to explore in Tokyo & I headed off on the subway to the Harajuku district - the Japanese punk capital of the city. I loved it!!!! I bought the pink skull & crossbones decal in the upper right corner of the page while I was there.

The style over there is to do a lot of layering of prints and colors with with ramped up pastels & black.

I sanded the letters on the title & cut out hearts from Luxe's Color Me...Loved paper. I included a piece of origami paper I picked up there too. I also cut and stitched a felt heart and used ribbons to add additional textures to the page. The stuff in the shops was outrageous {check out the smaller pictures}.

I have so many great Harajuku photos, I'm sure you'll see more pages, maybe even a mini album...

10 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Collins said...

that layout is absolutley fantastic

8:14 AM  
Blogger Heather Bares said...

love this!!!!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Chanel said...

I love it! And congrats on being able to fully scrap again! It must have been pretty frustrating...

9:20 AM  
Blogger cinnibonbon said...

Cool layout and great blog!!!

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only imagine you have a ton of great pics and it is so cool to see you sharing them. Way cool on getting to do some scrapping again. LOVE the details.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Kim Faucher said...

wow, I love that page... the vibrant colors and fun details!!!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great lo! love the pink and black and all the different textures and patterns!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Very cool layout! My oldest daughter would love this! Welcome back to scrapping! :)

10:40 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Stewart said...

What a FUN layout, Emily! Love all the colors!

Jennifer

11:19 PM  
Blogger erin said...

hi emily!
just found your blog via SIS. however, i got to meet you at my lss [picture passion] before it closed, the fall i got into scrappin!!! you were there teaching at san jose's cku and you had a moment about how nice it is to receive handmade cards, as i just started teaching card classes there.
rambled on long enough.
anyway, love your stuff girlie!
happy tuesday!
erin

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home