Sunday, October 05, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know, I'd love to read them.

I SEE: My Family
...and lots of them! We do well in crisis mode & I got to hang with various people in shifts pretty much all week. I can't remember EVER having this many phone conversations with them too!

I HEAR: Annoying Beeps
I've been logging a crazy number of hours at the hospital this week & everything beeps...bend your arm *BEEP*...move a little *BEEP*...laugh *BEEP*. Luckily we didn't have any scary beeps, just annoying ones, but man, there were a LOT of them!!!!

I TASTE: A Corndog with YELLOW MUSTARD
Yes, I know...this may seem very normal to some of you BUT...my whole life I've had this strange aversion to mustard. It's always completely grossed me out. Then I discovered honey mustard salad dressing and I thought - hmm, that's kind of OK. Then I started making honey mustard marinade & experimented with wholegrain mustards and thought - hmm, that's downright tasty. Well, it finally happened. Matt bought corndogs at the store this week and he made us some for lunch last Sunday afternoon and his yellow mustard looked so good on it I tried it. And guess what??? It was really good! So yes, I'm 37 & that was the first time I really tasted mustard. So that's a big deal...I'm kind of excited.

I TOUCH: Our new swing-thing
For our anniversary gift to each other this year we bought a pair of nice chairs for our front porch and an UBER comfortable bench swing-thing for the back yard. LOVING the swing-thing!!! {officially called a "3-person swinging lounge"} It has an awning and folds out to be a surprisingly comfortable bed...awesome for reading, napping & relaxing outside! We got an amazing deal from Lowe's since we were there the night they were resetting the section from outdoor furniture to Christmas.

I SMELL: Formula 409 & no more weird smell
Oof...I did a complete refrigerator/freezer scrub down, filter replacement & general fridge overhaul. I hate to even mention it...but somehow a piece of cheese {wrapped, thank heavens} fell behind the vegetable drawer and got stuck...*shudder*. Anyway. Thank God that mystery's solved and that experience is behind me now...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you figured out the fridge mystery. LOL

I'm making that yummy bbq chicken tonight.

I missed out on Sense-ational Sundays. Maybe next Sunday.
Sandra

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home