Friday, September 19, 2008

A project for the weekend...

I've started making softies & it's really a lot of fun! Meg's been making Softies too & today & wanted to share this little owl she made:

She varied it from the original (she did him upside down & chose not to add a beak). The whole thing took her under half an hour and she loved it! We found the pattern free online (I copied it here) over on Flickr's Embroidery Blog as well as a great tutorial on how to make it! The pattern and tutorial are by the talented Florista. Thank you for sharing!


If you have any spare felt you should try it! Softies are addictively fun! I haven't had as much time to experiment as the Megster has, but from time to time I'll share some of my creations too.

If you're new to sewing or softies, be sure to scroll down on my sidebar. I've added 2 new sections. One for softies and one with GREAT sewing tutorials. I've already been using it myself to look up stitches. Hope it helps you too! Have a creative weekend!

Check back Monday...I'm making one myself this weekend & I'll post it here. If you try a softie owl this weekend, let me know - I'd love to see it!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Davis said...

Eeeek! I *love* the owl so much! Thanks for sharing!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Super cute! I may just have to make one this weekend! Thanks for sharing it!

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! I just love things made with felt.
Whoooo doesn't love owls!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cute! Thanks for sharing... I am not very good with a needle tho' tend to prick myself too much. Ha ha.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the owl. Meg did a great job.
Thanks for sharing. I'm going to look up your sidebar tutorials.
Sandra

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those softies are adorable!! :)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Very cute. I may just have to try that.

-karen

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Shirley A said...

Hi thanks for sharinng this

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home