Sunday, August 31, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know, I'd love to read them.

I SEE: Twilight & New Moon
Lots of reading going on...I'm on a 24-hour reading break so my eyes can readjust to, well, humanity. I read these two wonderful books over the last three days (mostly nights). I started Twilight half-heartedly and now I wonder how I ever put it down...

I HEAR: Dr. Horrible
...but you know this. It is STILL stuck in my head. And it's still so horribly wonderful!

I TASTE: Banana Pudding
OK - I admit...I did not take this picture of my banana pudding...I forgot & by the time we served out of it it kind of looked like mush - delicious, but mush. Instead of a cake, cobbler or pie Matt wanted banana pudding this year for his birthday. Here's my *so super easy it's laughable* recipe:

1. Make vanilla pudding
2. Once the pudding stiffens whip in some cool whip
3. Layer pudding mixture, sliced bananas & nilla wafers
4. instead of frosting the top with cool whip, add it to the center layer so when you scoop it out it's a nice surprise
5. cover the top with crushed nilla wafers

I TOUCH: Boxes
Packed a lot of boxes at work this week - stuff for a few website design teams, stuff for a couple of magazines, a few special requests from designers, two sets of papers for teachers and all 15 boxes for our design team. Sending out stuff like that really makes me feel like I've accomplished something...the fun part is when people start showing me what they did with the product we sent. Speaking of which - I'll be uploading a lot more pages to the Luxe Gallery this week, so be sure to check back regularly!

I SMELL: Wet Paint
What was I thinking???? I volunteered to help my uncle & aunt paint with a painting project they were working on this weekend. Meg & I started with the ceiling first. For the first few passes I thought, "wow, my physical therapist would be so proud of me". That was quickly replaced by "wow, my physical therapist would be so furious with me". Which was in turn replaced with "Give me a pain killer and kill me now". I felt ike such a loser, not being able to help...but my arm was SHOT! We're talking, ice down my shoulder & elbow, take a pain pill, and unable to drive myself home shot. This morning...well, haven't been this sore in a while. Bummer.

3 Comments:

Blogger stephanickety said...

Don't you just love the Twilight books? I read all 4 in 5 days. Totally addicted, and I want Edward Cullen for myself, lol.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

OMG- I just read Twilight and am 1/3 done with New Moon- why did I not know about these????? We are SO going to see the movie in November!!!!

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's still in my head too... Thanks! :)

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home