Sunday, September 14, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses for the past week to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know, I'd love to read them.

I SEE: Burn After Reading

Matt & I went to see Burn After Reading Friday afternoon...love Coen brothers flicks...It was as fabulously absurd, dark and funny as we had hoped.

I HEAR: TXCN & the coverage of Ike

We've been glued to TXCN & CNN watching Ike roll in. My brother & his family (in Houston) evacuated, but my best friend's parents (Sugarland) & brother (Pearland) stayed. Angie used to live in Alvin & I remember having dinner in that Landry's in Kemah, walking along the Seawall, sitting on Galveston beaches...so many places & memories - now washed away or facing devastating losses...

I read Issac's Storm or A Weekend in September about once a year. Those books made such n impact on me. It was truly horrifying to watch another hurricane take the same path...

I TASTE: Braum's
Had a chocolate chip ice cream cone this week and just about it made my day. I know - it's a simple thing, but it just seemed like a moment. I guess this wasn't an outstanding culinary week...

I TOUCH: Etsy Stuff...

Matt's been itching to pump up our etsy site for a while now & we took advantage of some of our extra time together to list a bunch of new stuff. One idea of his is so awesome I'm going to do a separate post about it later this week. I love being married to a creative guy!

I SMELL: Sexy Peel
I go through cycles with the soap I like & this week it's been all about Sexy Peel. This super clean feeling soap is blended with orange, lemon & grapefruit peels and leaves your skin so squeaky clean & awake it's tingly!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

As of 5:30 tonight, my parents and brother are still without power. Everyone made it through safe, but my brother lost the roof on his house and now has no phone as well. Cell phone service is spotty. Everyone is safe, though, so we're all thankful.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home