Sunday, March 23, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sunday...

Yep, I'm back in action. My arm is still quite sore, but I'm managing better than I thought I would be. Every day it gets a little better. Here's what I can do - dress myself, drive & finally type with 2 hands. Here's what I can't do - straighten or bend my left arm, pick anything up with it, touch my face or my head - and I can't pull my hair into a ponytail!!! (that one makes me a little crazy - OK, a LOT crazy).

So here's my "sense"-ational Sunday in the spirit of getting back in the swing of things...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses once a week to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know, I'd love to read them.

I SEE:

That, my friends, is the inside of my elbow. I had to pick up my x-rays today for my follow up appointment this week & was pretty impressed with all my new hardware. The scar is pretty awesome. I still have nasty knots on my left temple & left knee, but they'll go down sooner or later.

I HEAR: The food network. I've been too sore to clean or craft & too pain-pilled up to be motivated to read, so I've been vegging on the couch in front of the TV this weekend.

I TASTE: Blackened scallops & shrimp. My good man took me to Rockfish tonight for an Easter date. Also - I've been tasting other people's cooking. My aunt Carol has cooked for us a few times, so has my cousin Meg. Also our neighbors brought us dinner one night - it's been a tremendous help. Cooking one handed is really rough.

I TOUCH: Pillows, blankets, pills & the remote control. Boring, but true.

I SMELL: It's a tie - clean laundry (my aunt stayed over one evening until 2 am doing all the laundry in the house) and chocolate chip waffles - which Meg made from scratch for me Saturday morning. And yes, I'm feeling a little spoiled, but I really appreciate everything!!!

Thank you all for all of your well-wishes! I loved seeing your comments, they meant a lot to me!

9 Comments:

Blogger kategrizz said...

Glad to see you back on the keyboard! Hope your recovery continues at a speedy clip.

Happy Easter!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

that hardware looks pretty familiar - in fact, i think i have one exactly like that (a sample, of course) on my kitchen counter! it's what the hubby sells, after all.

glad you're feeling better & back to blogging!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you bloggin by your self again. I felt terrible when I read the blog about your accident... It must be still hard for you to type and do any kind of work with your arm, but I am glad that you are back to bloggin.
I am making a goddie box for you right now! I hope I can send out within next month!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you're better...little by little! Can't wait to see you soon!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Emily!! Good to see you post! Continued good thoughts & prayers for a very SPEEDY recovery :0) xoxoxo

6:24 PM  
Blogger mssgrz said...

Welcome back Emily! I am glad to see that you are well enough to let us know that you are OK! Sending many good thoughts and prayers your way! :)

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Emily.....glad that you are feeling better. I'm sure you will be back crafting soon. Relax and rest and keep getting better!

1:51 PM  
Blogger ScrappyGuy said...

I, for one, am quite pleased with your recovery. That xray is pretty massive! You look like Terminator!

8:54 PM  
Blogger oleladydevine said...

Wow, what an X-ray. Well, I have always said "I you are going to do something, do it up right." Looks like you really did a bang up job on your elbow.

I have no doubt that you will end up with full range of motion. You are a very determined person. I will pray for your total recovery.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home