Friday, March 14, 2008

Emily update a la Meg

Happiness, thy name is green towel. Emily has one green towel which can be folded into innumerable configurations to magically make her arm comfortable.

This is Meg. I'm babysitting Emily today. It consists of such merriment as the ongoing quest for the green towel. Which props up her arm. And is sneaky.

There is also pie. And new hair. But mostly pie. At this point I would like to take responsibility for the existence of the pie. Emily was so impressed by my pie making skills that she commanded me to blog. In the sense that she asked.

We interrupt this broadcast to bring you the highlights of Emily's day. Self imposed physical therapy, ingestion of pain pills, napping. And attempting to locate the elusive green towel. In my own narcissistic way, I would like to think that my arrival was also a highlight. As well as pie.

10 Comments:

Blogger mssgrz said...

Oooh that pie looks Fabu! How nice of you to play nurse! Get well soon Emily!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Hi, Meg! Thanks for the post...that pie looks amazing! YUM!

Nice to have you take care of our Emily :0) Let her know that we're thinking of her!!

11:44 AM  
Blogger ScrappyGuy said...

Emily,
so sorry to hear you are feeling 'oogey'! I was reading a blog about CKU Chicago and was sad to hear you couldn't make it! Here's to hoping you recover quickly and safely. Oh, and here's to seeing you in Houston!
Your TA from CKU-Atlanta!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missing you Emily. But please take your time and get better. I'm sure the pie will help, YUM YUM YUM. Priya

11:48 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I am so sorry to hear this has happen to you Emily. I really hope the healing will be quickly and you'll be back to your spunky wonderful self soon. Hugs

I hear desserts are a must while healing, you need all the energy you can get, so you get better...right!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness! I had been wondering how you were doing as the last time I stopped by Sponge Bob looked way too hot.

Here is hoping for a speedy recovery. So very sorry you have had all this happen.

9:45 PM  
Blogger BethW said...

Just old nanabeth dropping in to say OUCH-get lots of rest and take good care of yourself please!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily - so glad to see Sponge Bob cooled off and you are on the mend. Missed you in Edmonton. :( I had no idea you had gotten so sick after CKUJ until Atsuko told me! Be well and be gentle with yourself!

Becky

7:03 AM  
Blogger JJ Meyer said...

uummmm....pie! Pie makes the world better everytime! Get better soon! Prayers & blessings!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Wanted to drop you a comment to say I was thinking of ya! Hope that your recovery is going well!!! xoxoxo

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home