Sunday, January 27, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses once a week to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know, I'd love to read them.

I know - I missed my regularly scheduled Saturday Etsy tutorial, but as you will see in my "touch" section, I was a very busy girl this weekend. It will return next Saturday.

I SEE:

Not much, this morning. I had to drive to Kinkos to get some paper cut around 9AM today & I think it was the thickest fog I've ever driven in.

I HEAR:
My Space. I finally got on & figured out my My Space account and added a music player to it that shuffles through forty-something of my favorites. It's nice to pull up My Space on one screen for tunes & then work on another. And another great sound - I was at my aunt & uncles' Friday night when Amy called & they were able to put it on speaker & we all got to visit for almost an hour. She is headed for jump school around CHA time.

I TASTE:

Cupcakes. I went over to work at Jen's on Wednesday & she took me to The Cupcake Cottage in Ft Worth. They had itty bitty cupcakes! I tried them all {there weren't very many} and my favorites were amaretto & strawberry!

I TOUCH:
Buttons, buttons & more buttons! TWO THOUSAND EIGHTEEN to be exact...Matt's been working on the CHA buttons for Luxe & an etsy order this weekend so we figure that's 2,018. I love to run my fingers through the giant box of buttons. It feels so good to have them done early! We also packed FOUR HUNDRED class kits for ScrapBowl this weekend {150 to go}! Let's see...in my spare time *lol* this weekend I made another class sample, worked on samples for the booth, did the grocery shopping, went over to help out my parents with some stuff & grabbed a chai frappucino with my step sister... and I am feeling really good. Life seems much more in control since I've been able to be so productive this weekend.

I SMELL:
Wet air. Is that a smell? It's nose related...I got my cpap machine this week {so attractive, I know} & I'm having a bit of an "adjustment period". It's strange to fall asleep with 12 psi of air pressure being pumped through your nose. Once I fall asleep I wake up feeling great - although the first night it felt like I'd been punched in the nose for about eight hours. It's getting less tender every night. Now I just have to get over procrastinating going to bed...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, I got diagnosed 2 years ago and took some used, I couldn't breath at first I had to take it off, but once I feel asleep, I was okay. But I have to wear the one that covers my nose and mouth because I sleep with my mouth open, it gets some getting used. It's suppose to help you breath but it makes you wonder when the air is blowing in your nose, my is set to where it starts slow then when I am deep in sleep it switches to the correct pressure. Betty/navymom05

6:36 PM  
Blogger JJ Meyer said...

I understand as well. I was diagnosed late 2007 and have to wear a full mask. They both take adjustments and neither is attractive! Now, we need to figure out a way to attach rhinestones or collage them! :0) I am at an 11. When I move, the mask will move and then it flaps against my face releasing the air pressure and the sound... well, lets just say it's not pretty! The first week I wore it consistently, I felt as though I had really rested. You never know how much sleep you were actually missing with Apnea. Blessings, JJ in Garland

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home