Monday, January 21, 2008

A MIRACLE of modern technology...

...and the SIM card survived, with all my contacts intact! I am shocked, as was the amused girl at the phone place looking at my melty-screen phone. I told her it was the first time I hadn't donated my old phone after getting an upgrade...and she just looked at me, disdainfully, with her black lipstick and blue fingernails and said "well now, we don't want that." I don't know, maybe you had to be there...she sounded just like my grandmother. I was tickled...got the serious giggles.

I am very thankful I was due for an upgrade (I had only become eligible for a new phone 2 days before the incident) and had the insurance to boot. I've had the same service & cell number since I was 20 (and yes, my phone was gi-normous - if you're trying to do the math that's almost 17 years), so I have an awesome plan and it was hardly any out of pocket. For someone who's generally at the end of the technology curve, I sure have been a cell phone girl from the very beginning.

I got the basic don't-you-dare-text-message me cell phone & stereo ear buds, because I'm a little dorky like that & I love it! Now comes the fun stuff, picking a ringtone. I think I need some Apples in Stereo...

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra said...

I'm glad to hear you didn't lose all your contacts after all. Miracles do happen!

Alexandra
http://cr8ivehaven.blogspot.com

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home