Sunday, January 20, 2008

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

Our senses tell a story. I've committed to recording my 5 senses once a week to explore my sensory world. I challenge you to do the same. If you choose to do so, just blog your 5 senses every Sunday & let me know, I'd love to read them.

I SEE:
My BFF Angie & her family dropped by last night & we had our late Christmas. I was excited to get a copy of "You Can Do It! A Merit Badge Handbook for Grown-Up Girls". Angie found out about it through Stacy's Big Picture book. I was a Brownie & a Camp Fire Girl {all the way up through Indian Maiden} and loved earning badges & beads. The book looks really cool & it's like, huge & it looks like it tells you how to do, well...everything. Awesome! You did good, Ang - thank you!

I HEAR:

GRACKLES! These birds drive me batty some times...When Jane came to visit back in November she said it was like a scene from The Birds. They're such a part of life here I never thought they weren't just a normal thing for people to see {and hear}. They migrate here for the winter and move in these intense clumps. Very loud. Lots of poop. A little unnerving how they move in unison. And notice - they all face the same way. See what I mean - slightly creepy...

I TASTE:
Pho Ga...and that means one thing. Matt's out of town at his uncle's this weekend. I always indulge and get pho or thai when he's gone since he doesn't care for it much. They're building another custom go kart from a modified riding lawn mower. Like this world needs another lawn mower that can go 60 mph...Other than that, though we've been doing great with the cooking & are really sticking to it. I had a coke on Thursday and I actually didn't like the taste. I couldn't bring myself to take more than a few sips...can it be? Am I over my coca cola habit???

I TOUCH:
It's that time again...I hate shopping for clothes and try to limit it to only before CHA's. Since the Luxe dress code is black & white it makes shopping a lot less painless. I miss my mom so much when I shop for clothes. I always thought she was driving me crazy with her opinions on what I should wear or shouldn't - but now that she's gone I feel like I can't pick anything out with out her. I met a couple of very nice maternal-types in the fitting room and they helped me figure out some fun pieces. All I need now are some dressier shoes to go with the skirts I bought...and, yes those are graffiti shoes. :)

I SMELL:
Red Baron's Microwavable Five Cheese & Garlic individual pizzas. They were on sale last week so I thought I'd try them for lunch one day at work...and, ahhhhhhhhhhh. The office smelled so good. They were pretty tasty as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Oh dude, those birds ARE creepy. Although, I have seen that before. When I lived in London (the Canadian one, not the England one) there were these trees by the hospital and there were so many birds on them that they looked like leaves on the trees in the winter. They'd all fly off the trees at the same time, go in a circle and then come back to roost in the same position. It was really creepy. And loud!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home