Friday, January 18, 2008

Feeling the felt...

I've been into felt lately and am dying to start making little stuffed things. I ordered the book Plush You from amazon and just thought to search for free felt patterns online (man, I wished I had thought of that first).

I found a free pattern to make this fabulous owl on Anna Maria Horner's blog (which is just gorgeous). Here's another free owl pattern from the Flickr's Embroidery blog.

If you need to brush up on (or learn) how to do that easy, awesome looking stitch that makes felt art so cool here is a good tutorial on the whip stitch from futuregirl's craft blog.

I really want to make one of these with my camo felt and send it off to Amy where she's stationed with some fun buttons on it as a surprise...but I have to start smaller & work my way up. Maybe I'll make one of these too...and this! OK, I gotta stop...have fun!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some cool sites! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

You are such a FUN free spirited gal! I hope someday soon that you will come teach some classes in the New England area. I would LOVE to meet you!!! :-)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Emily Adams said...

Dawn - I'll be in DC at ScrapBowl valentine's weekend...is that close enough for you?

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home