Saturday, January 05, 2008

Everything's OK, but...

As you know I'm very close to my cousins. I'm also close with my cousin's cousins. My mom ran a day care in the house and took care of them until they went to school, so I watched them grow up.

This morning my c.c. (cousin's cousin) Rachel went out for her morning jog. It was a normal morning. Until a car ran a red light - and she was hit. She's going to be OK...she is in surgery now. Her jaw is broken and some of her teeth were knocked loose, but she's going to be fine. The guy stopped. He is insured. Depending on when she gets out of surgery she might even get to come home tonight.

***UPDATE 11:30 PM****
Rachel is in a recovery room now. She is groggy, but will be released sometime in the night. Her jaw will be wired shut for the next six weeks...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your cousin. She was VERY LUCKY, we recently lost a 15 year old girl in our community who was out for a run and was hit and killed by a man pulling out of his driveway.
Our prayers will be wirh her
Lynne

5:58 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Wow- I'm glad she's going to be okay. I remember her when she was little and you mom watched her. Let me know if you need anything.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Oh, wow!
Glad that she doing well! Good healthy thoughts her way!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home