Sunday, December 23, 2007

"Sense"-ational Sundays...

I SEE:


Wires...everywhere. I finally made it to the sleep clinic last night (can you believe they were open on the Saturday night before Christmas?). I'm a terrible snorer & had apnea when I was a baby, so the doc thinks it's showed back up.

Um - it felt like she was sanding my head. They actually did sand little patches to attach all the electrodes to my scalp. It was odd falling asleep with all that gear on me. I mentioned I had my camera & my technician was totally into taking pictures. I was thrilled when I looked at my camera later - I like the close ups a lot. I hear back in 10 days.

I HEAR:

Amy voice! Amy's home on leave for the holidays & is talking non stop. Every other sentence is "Have I told you how much I LOVE THE ARMY????" She's really happy. It's so great to see her or just call her on the phone. We're going to get some cousin time next week.

These are her friends Carl & Jake who came with us to the airport when we picked her up.

I TASTE:
I got holiday m&m's for my fun dishes. We have plain, peanut, dark chocolate peanut & mint (my favorite). I had to taste them all...

I TOUCH:

I did the wrap-a-thon yesterday. Every gift we're giving this year looks like this - white or kraft paper with a stamped monogram & freehand painted & doodled holly. I finished them off with some striped ribbon (I had a ton of it in my studio) and a mini avery tag with the "to" and the "from". It was really quite easy to do & the packages look so clean & festive.

I SMELL:
Nancy's Italian Cheese Spread - I made it earlier today for tomorrow night. Combine an 8 ounces of Cream Cheese with a container of feta cheese crumbles. Drizzle a little oil off the top of a small bottle of basil pesto into the bottom of a straight-sided container (otherwise the cheese will stick). Place a thin slice of either provolone or mozzarella cheese in the bottom of the bowl. Spread a thin layer of the feta mixture on top of the cheese slice. Add a thin layer of basil pesto on top of that. Add a thin layer of sun dried tomato pesto on top of that. Repeat - sliced cheese, feta mix, green pesto, red pesto, etc. If you make too much it freezes beautifully (thaw overnight in fridge). I like to serve it at room temperature, but it can be heated. Keep it in the container to serve and use a couple of spreaders or butter knives to spread. Serve with Ritz Chips - trust me, go ahead & but 2 bags. This stuff rocks.

Christmas with my family will be at our house this year. I still want to straighten up my studio. I have to go back to the grocery store for butter, sour cream & some other forgotten last minute stuff. I'm cooking a ham (pray for me) & making biscuits (frozen).

Here's an Emily original that I'll be making tomorrow - Amy's special request for Christmas. Take 2 triangles of crescent roll dough and press them into a rectangle. Add shredded yellow cheese and chopped green onions down the center of the dough. Pull the dough over the cheese mixture and press it together. Pick up the cheese-filled dough rope and gently twist. Pull the ends towards each other and crimp the ends together. It will look like a donut. Spray the tops with butter spray and sprinkle them all with a small amount Garlic Powder. Bake according to package directions.

*BONUS* I FEEL: My "sixth sense" post - I'm really happy. This has been one of the merriest countdown to Christmas in a while. I'm rather "type A" and try to make everything perfect, but this year I'm focusing on family & fun.

Merry Christmas to you & your families!!! Have a safe & happy holiday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Great post! Welcome home, Amy!
Have a wonderful & great holidays, my friend!
MargieH in Chicago

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishes for a wonderful Christmas, my friend!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home