Monday, July 02, 2007

Living the Luxe Life...

Well after a few weeks of silence, I'm thrilled to announce that I am the newest Luxe Girl! I started as Luxe Designs' Marketing Director when I got home from CKU Anaheim. Luxe has posted their own announcement saying I've joined the team along with a bunch of other changes here - be sure to check it out & bookmark their blog HERE.

I am so excited, I've been about ready to burst - I've had so much to talk about every day...and finally the wait is over! I love the Luxe Girls - I've known Pam, well, it seems like forever...she was a friend of Ashley's and was the handwriting behind Magic Scraps' uber-successful Monochromatic kits. I met Jen through Pam when she moved - I found out on my first day that we really have the same decision making process. I can tell we're really going to get a lot accomplished. I adore Amy - we shared one of the most memorable flights I've ever had on the way home from Memory Trends last year! We were giggling and writing notes back & forth on our beverage napkins...she still had them in her purse on my first day {so cool}. And Brandy's just a hoot. Since I've been here I've also met Julie, Tricia, Kipps, Holly & Kelly - what an amazing team!

I am back in an office environment and I don't even mind the 40 minute commute. I'm just happy to be with people every day - it was getting a little lonely working from home. I'm taking "the alternate route" to work - no highways from Richardson to Irving. I'd rather sit at a light than sit in traffic! I just finished the audio book I've been listening to since Amsterdam - so that's pretty cool. I did get completely turned around and {as my family affectionately called it} "pulled a Rusty" {our favorite directionally-challenged family member}. I left work, got on "the road home", turned THE WRONG DIRECTION and didn't realize my mistake until I pulled up alongside Lone Star Park {which is - oof, well, it's far}. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get home that day. In that amount of time I could've just gone to Oklahoma or Louisiana {if I had known how to do that}.

I'm also looking forward to new challenges. Working as Marketing Director has me more involved with blog & website development, advertising and overall planning. It feels like a perfect fit for where I am now.

This is my first non-Education Director title and it offers an interesting change of pace. I will be working closely with Luxe's Education Director, Kelly and will still be doing some of the teaching too. For those CKU students of mine - I will be revamping the classes I was already scheduled to teach, just with a transfer of sponsorship. Same concept, all luxe-a-licious product. Also, please note several new dates in my sidebar, like classes in Toronto and Florida as well as make & takes in Chicago.

I have been a fan of Luxe products since they debuted as a new company at the last show. Their ultra hip graphic design stands out in an industry that, for the most part, seems to be steadily homogenizing. I have seen their products they will release for this summer and I AM BLOWN AWAY. I have been scrapbooking & creating at a breakneck pace...In the last 2 weeks I have done 7 layouts and altered 2 mirrors, a clock, a trinket box and a journal. I also had the opportunity to be the guest designer for the July Scraptivity kit.

So, yes it has been busy. I am feeling a little better {but that could be attributed to eating my Aunt's good chicken & stars soup, applesauce, crackers & bananas for 2 days}. Matt's on vacation & is heading up to his uncle's for a few days. We have the catalog to finish and I have loads to do. So, until next time....LIVE LUXE!

9 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Have I mentioned lately how proud I am of you????? You rock!!!!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!
(the word I had to type for word verification was st.bubb...I think I knew him!:)

6:40 PM  
Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

OMGosh!!! Emily, when I wrote NEW...I didn't think it was this! LOL!! FAB! Luxe is so lucky to have you aboard! Kelly is a sweetie! I'm sure the rest of the company is too! So excited for you!!!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations!! You're so fantastic in anything you put your hands to, and this will definitely be no different!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yay emily- i'm excited for you and your excitement :) i have a card that I meant to send to you ohhh.... two months ago by the way :)

6:51 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Yay hooray! I just couldn't imagine how you were handling that big secret...SO glad you finally got to let it all out!! Can I be an honorary Luxe girl??

11:30 PM  
Blogger Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

Wow!!! that is soooo cool!!! Go girl!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful for you, sweetie! I am sure the synergy will be terrific-- I can't wait to see what happens.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Kandice said...

So happy for you! :) Hope you have tons of fun! (and you girls better come meet me for lunch once this CHA business is over!)

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home