Sunday, March 18, 2007

"New Photo Studio"...

I take a lot of project pictures and they're usually just OK. Well, Matt & I decided we needed to "bump it up a notch" so we went on a mission to figure out the best way to get a studio look with the least amount of money.

See the book on the left? (which is a story in itself, as is the newly made pile of books on my dining room table - but I'm saving that story for another day) I shot it in a light box. It has what's referred to as an "infinity sweep" background. The light's diffused and the project really "pops". It's exactly the look I was going for. My own "macro studio".

After our extensive research we ended up building our own for less than $1. I just needed to buy a sheet of posterboard - we had everything else. I stole the light from my bedside table. Thank heaven for the internet - we found all the instructions online: see build your own studio instructions here. We also found a great guide to improving your product photography (great for any project shots too).

And, I'm sure virtually all of you camera goddesses out there know this - but look at your camera & learn how to set your white balance before you take a picture of your work. I am not camera savvy and have learned by experimenting, but I couldn't believe the difference it made!

3 Comments:

Blogger ScrapScene said...

Great ideas, Emily! Can't wait to hear about those lovely books!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Carole Bryson said...

Thanks for the links Emily - will defo give it a shot !!

Can;'t wait to hear about the books myself !

Take care hun - miss ya loads xxxx

5:16 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

How cool is that- will Matt make me one?? :-)

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home