Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Calgary scoop...

Wow, I’ve had a wonderful time here in Calgary. I didn’t see any sights unless you count the 20 blocks between hotels and the path from the airport, but man, the people here made all the difference! Ever get somewhere & it felt like “home”? Not “I could live here”-home {because it can snow here}, but this is deja-vu-ishly like where I live”. That’s Calgary, feels like a Dallas suburban clone.

The women! The women I met here were AWESOME! I made several new friends who I hope keep in touch {you know who you are – so email me, already}. I could write volumes about all the cool people I’ve met, but I’ve met so many I am afraid I would leave someone important out, and they were all genuinely cool & I don’t want to slight any of them. So Canadian girls {and the “crazy Brit”} rock! Hey – if you have pictures you took of us together at the event, don’t forget to email them to me!

I visited Scrapbooker’s Paradise which is an amazing store & the experience became even more amazing when I saw my product on the shelf. This is the first time I’ve ever seen my products in real packaging & in a store – it was an overwhelming experience – I got a little choked up…

So in my last class today a lady & a man with a camera came in & started setting up in my room & I asked who they were…obviously I don’t live here, because it was the host of their #1 morning television show City TV’s Breakfast Television. They’ve been covering the event for an upcoming segment on the show. I filmed them filming {seemed like the thing to do at the time} since I might not see it air. And, yes – that’s a classroom full of 90 amazing, creative, happy students!

3 Comments:

Blogger Elsa said...

Hi Emily!! *waving madly at your from Edmonton AB* LOVED your classes!!! I wish I hadn't been so tired at the last one that I had to leave. THANKS SO MUCH FOR AN AWESOME TIME!!!!!!!!!!

9:26 PM  
Blogger scrappaleica said...

Hi Emily, you were one of the awesomest people I have ever met! I just wish you stopped "kicking me under the table" wink wink. just kidding, I'd cry with you again anyday. hope you had a safe trip home.
Leica Forrest

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, I was so thrilled to be in your class, and you can even sort of see me in the video, which is very cool. It's great to hear that you had a good time in Calgary, too bad you couldn't check out some more of Alberta.
I was so excited by your class I went over to Scrapbookers and got some more coasters to make another little book, thanks for the inspiration. In your class I confessed to just copying your work as closely as possible, why should I do the thinking when that is your JOB? This time it will be ME dreaming it all up, I hope I am as happy with mine as I am with yours.
All the best and thanks for making the trip up here!

scrapbookingalice.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home