Sunday, March 11, 2007

Reading recommendation of the day...

I love science fiction. I watched another movie adaptation of a Philip K. Dick short story last night {unfortunately quite late} and it really reminded me I needed to pick up with some of his short story collections. Philip Dick was such a brilliant writer and forward thinker...he wrote 121 short stories, 67 in 1952 & 53 alone. You've probably seen some of his writing at the movies without even knowing it. His is the mind that brought us: A Scanner Darkly, Blade Runner, Total Recall, The Minority Report, Impostor, Paycheck & Screamers. I still marvel at the rich and complex worlds he could create before technology seemed limitless. I love a good short story that I can read in a sitting. He has several collectives out - seek them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home