Sunday, January 21, 2007

Fashionista? Fash-a-fabulous!

I got to really scrap with my own stuff today!!! This particular paper, Single Girl, is a favorite of mine. I kept the background neutral {the brown} so it can go in any direction. I envisioned people journaling in the person, collaging in there - chalking, painting or watercoloring to vary her "look". You can add flourish rubons on the leg to mimic those great embroidered jeans. Add the tattoo style rubons or stamps to the shirt to create a rocker top. I freehand wrote the journaling on the top - all lines from Decemberists songs {one of her favorites} that hold significance to her. I also watercolored the flames on the pants because she likes to doodle on her jeans. Another fun element - I used an exacto knife on either side of the legs to weave the strip of patterned paper behind the figure. It was really easy compared to the dramatic difference it made to the layout. I hope you like this as much as I do!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I say I'm lovin' your line! LOL!! Very hip and just plain cool! Great layout...love the use of journaling! Also have to say I love the Ginger/Emily collaboration on the office stuff! Every "back to school" season I go NUTS over the supplies - my boys freak out everytime :0P Good luck with the debut, my friend!!! Hugs, MargieH in Chicago

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! You are so cool!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home