Wednesday, January 17, 2007

introducing PLAYLIST...

Wow, what a cathartic process. I always thought I'd love to design my own product - that it would be so easy to identify what I wanted then just make it myself. It sounded so simple. But let me tell you, it was a shocking amount of work. This is such a departure from where I thought my product line would go originally, but ultimately it's exactly what I wanted to do. Because in creating this line I found myself and defined my style.

I like clean strong graphic design. While I love to alter things, I've always looked at predistressed paper as "cheating". I would always rather ink or paint up the edges myself - or leave them plain if I wanted to. I am inspired by the clean lines of IKEA, 2Modern & Chiasso. I still love vintage and retro designs, but for this collection I wanted to present something very forward. You know I'm a serious trend watcher and this line is a reflection of the use of silhouettes in advertising & design.

Playlist is ipodesque without being limited to that. It is a great dance & music line. I kept the colors neutral and bold so they would work for male or female pages.

The top ten paper is a sheet of lists designed to be cut apart and used on pages or to be cut up & made into a mini book of lists. The paper on the upper left is a sheet of "mini posters" - I called them dance cards - perfect for adding as a page element or for atcs or to create a mini book with just those. The next one down on the left - the dancing dots - fit a 1" punch. You can see some of them punched out in the You Rock My World layout. The one with the oversized silhouette is fun. I thought people would journal in or around the edge of the figure. The polka dot & stripe are just good basics so I added them as well. There are also FUN coasters & cardstock stickers with this group. {see the IP blog for those images} There will be a 12x12 color transparency too. A note on the jumbles - Matt's little sister is a senior in high school & is heavily involved in dance. She told me "Drop It Like It's Hot" is her senior quote. I couldn't help laughing & adding it to the jumble for her - she's a scrapbooker too.

Chronologically, this was the first collection I designed & what a great way to start!

The layout, You Rock My World, is by my friend & IPDT member Jane Hasty. She scrapped pictures from her work Christmas party since her coworkers are so awesome. I love that she picked such lively pictures - they really convey the sense of fun that playlist is all about!

In celebration of the preview, I have added a playlist to the sidebar of my blog. Music says so much about a person, which is another reason I thought this paper would be so meaningful. I invite you to share some of my personal favorites. These will play while you're reading - just double click on an arrow to pick a song.

I'd love to hear what you think!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh ~ these are funky! so many ideas on how to use 'em up...when are they available??

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous, gorgeous paper. i can'twait to use them.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Emily Adams said...

They're in the first round of releases - so that's SOON! I'll post dates as soon as I have them.

So glad you like it!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

wow emily...the products look awesome. way to go girl!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WoooHooo!
So Funky FUN!
WTG GIRL!
B-

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it Em! You too ROCK MY WORLD! See you soon!!!!!!!!!!!

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nPhenomenal! I love them! Of course I knew I would!

Kim

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE this line, Emily! I left a message on the IP blog too, but just had to tell you how happy I am to see papers that I can use to scrap my teenager's iPod adventures! LOVE them!

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in awe of what you've done. From the concept and the way it all just "fits" together...I love it! I love the mini poster and all. Great job!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see your line. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I took your class at CKU-Houston and the Altered Coasters online at CK. You are awesome and I am looking forward to more great things from you.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Love that playlist line! Can't wait to see it!!
: ) Kathy

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing short of Amazing! I love this line you have created. It Rocks! It's Bold, it's Funky and it's so Urban, it's exactly what I've been longing for. Awesome Job!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this Line, it's everything I've been longing for...it's BOLD, it's FUNKY, it's INTERACTIVE and LIMITLESS and it's oh so URBAN! I cannot wait to get my hands on it! Thanks for creating something so fantastic!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Hatter J said...

I have been looking for this High and Low!!! the one online store that I found it at sold out FAST!!!! I LOVE this whole line!!!

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home